Monday, January 9, 2012

A Wee Update

I'm coming clean, y'all.  I had a nice post lined up, but I scrapped it because it wasn't perfect yet.  But do know that sometime in the near future you'll be getting a history lesson on rice and a favorite Lowcountry dish.

I also had grand plans of making this awesome squash with walnuts toasted in butter and maple syrup.  That was a fail of grand proportions.  It's not that it didn't taste good.  The flavor was nice.  But...well...it looked like gross baby food.  The texture was a little off and so was the color.  So.  I'm not subjecting anyone to that.
I made this my lunch yesterday.  Will and I went to see Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows.  It was fun, and I love the banter and chemistry between Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law.  Um, I might have a slight thing for RDJ.  Y'know, now that he's not crazy and on drugs.  Alas, he's married, and I'm not a homewrecker.  Overshare much?

In other news, you should totally check out my sister's blog- Wonder WoMom!  She's a working mom, and if you've been reading this you've seen how awesome her baby is.  So check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment