In honor of my beloved Gamecocks' opening day, I present to you some of my favorite snacks for tailgating and general football-watching. Also, baby in a jersey!
- Pimento Cheese: A Southern classic, pimento cheese makes the perfect sandwich or spread. Spice it up with chopped pickled jalapeños or make everyone a little happier with crumbled bacon.
- Fried Chicken Biscuits: Good for those noon games whereupon you want both breakfast and lunch. And a mimosa.
- Deviled Egg Salad: Good on a sandwich or a cracker.
- Triple Chocolate Cookie Bars: Every tailgate needs a little something sweet. Portion them out into cookies for easy grabbing.
- Feta Squares: Good for your gameday chili or on their own.
- Ham Rolls: These buttery, salty sandwiches are always a hit.
- Fried Chicken Nuggets: Good warm or cold, perfect for tailgating.
- Boiled Peanuts: Y'all, it's not a game without boiled peanuts! I've got three pounds of peanuts goin' on the stove as we....speak? Salty and juicy, boiled peanuts are my favorite gameday snack.