And then I go for my mouth.
Oatmeal Cookie Peach Crisp (serves 8-10)
Oatmeal cookie adapted from Flour Bakery's cookie via David Lebovitz
4 c peach slices
3 tbs maple syrup
2 tbs all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp ground ginger
Oatmeal Cookie Topping:
3/4 c + 2 tbs all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 c + 2 tbs old-fashioned oats
1/3 c chopped pecans
1/2 c butter, browned
1/2 c brown sugar
1/3 c granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Begin by mixing peaches, maple syrup, flour, and ginger in a large bowl. Toss until all the peaches are coated. Set aside.
- For the cookie topping, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Stir in oats and pecans.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly combined. Add the egg and mix until incorporated. Stir in vanilla extract. Gradually add flour mixture and stir until flour is just moistened. Chill in the freezer about 10 minutes. While dough chills, heat oven to 350º.
- Lightly butter a 9-inch square baking dish. Pour in the peach mixture. Scoop tablespoonfuls of cookie dough onto peaches. Fill in gaps with bits of dough.
- Bake 25-35 minutes, checking at 25 minutes for doneness. The cookie topping should be lightly golden brown with crisp edges. Let cool in the pan 10-15 minutes and serve warm with ice cream.