Sunday, June 16, 2013
Essential Rules of Life
1. Have a go-to recipe for a single chocolate chip cookie. My favorite is here with a few tweaks.
2. Have a work-out you love. This may or may not be related to rule #1. My favorite is Pure Barre.
3. Have at least one sister. She doesn't have to be related you, she just has to understand that sometimes when you're irritable you're really just hangry. And that you need to bounce ideas off her without judgment. And to tell you that you there is something HUGE stuck in your teeth.
4. Have a go-to drink at a bar. Whether it's a favorite beer, a Negroni, or a cranberry & soda (with lime of course), have something you feel comfortable ordering anywhere.
5. Stop and smell the roses now and then. I mean that literally. If you don't have roses, find some gardenias or magnolias or some other fragrant flower.
6. Have a signature perfume but don't wear too much of it.
7. Drink water more than anything else.
8. Take as many pictures as you like, but don't forget to be in some of them.
9. Keep puff pastry in your freezer. You never know when you'll need a quick appetizer or dessert, and puff pastry makes it that much easier to crank out.
10. Good cheese and crackers are also good to keep around.
11. Picking your own berries and tomatoes is crucial to right summer living. Find a farm and go pickin' one hot day. Don't forget packs of salty peanuts and glass bottles of regular ol' Coca-Cola.