- Run a 5k. I know I can do it if I keep working on it.
- Bake more bread. I know most people try to limit their carbs in the new year, but I plan to fully embrace them. And a healthy dose of cardio. Carbio if you will.
- Use all the salts my sister gave me for Christmas. Yeah, she gave me this sampler pack of different sea salts that I can't wait to bust out. They're really pretty and come in these test tubes in a handy display rack.
I've been making these bad boys for years. In fact I think I started making them around the same time as the wedding cookies. That just goes to show they're easy peasy.
Cheese Wafers (makes 3-4 dozen)
Adapted from A Touch of Home
2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 lb extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp pepper
Small pinch of salt
2 c crisp rice cereal
- Cream butter and cheese together until thoroughly combined. This is made easier if both butter and cheese are soft. Add flour, paprika, pepper, and salt. Mix until combined. Stir in rice cereal. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400º. Shape chilled dough into small balls about the size of a teaspoon. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 12 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight containers up to 2-3 days.