Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Roasted Sweet Potato with Goat Cheese & Pumpkin Butter

DSC_1294_edited-1
 We should probably talk about this potato here. It won't go down as the prettiest potato because it's hard to mush something up and it still look nice. Although pretty much all you'd have to tell me is there are goat cheese and caramelized onions up in this piece and I'll devour it.
DSC_1283_edited-1
Even though I work from home, I don't always have the chance to put together something fancy shmancy for lunch, and I rarely eat out. I can toss a sweet potato in the oven and let some onions sit in butter for a while to caramelize. Especially since my desk is quite literally three steps from my kitchen. This feels fancy shmancy while taking almost no time out of my day. It requires: 1 roasted (or microwaved) sweet potato, lightly caramelized onions (could be leftover), goat cheese, and pumpkin butter.

DSC_1288_edited-1
You have no idea how much Trader Joe's has enriched my life. Pumpkin butter is just pumpkin puree turned into a delicious spread with all the spices you'd ever want involved and a touch of sweetness. I totally ate it on a biscuit with bacon for breakfast. And it melts seamlessly into a roasted sweet potato.

DSC_1290_edited-1
I have a method to my madness. I add the goat cheese first so that it sort of melts into the sweet potato. Then come the caramelized onions because that's what I feel like. And to top it all off is the pumpkin butter. I can't be the only person who enjoys smashing good stuff into the other good stuff and smashing all the good stuff into my face.

DSC_1295_edited-1
It's so good I don't even need other sides. But I bet if you wanted to make a heavy lunch/light dinner out of this, some roasted Brussels sprouts and maybe even a biscuit would surely do the trick. 

Roasted Sweet Potato with Goat Cheese & Pumpkin Butter 
(serves 1)

1 fully-cooked sweet potato (roasting or microwaving both work)
1 1/2 tbs goat cheese
2 tbs caramelized onions
1 tbs pumpkin butter
Salt & pepper to taste

  • While the potato is still piping hot, cut down the middle of the potato. Stir in goat cheese, onions, and pumpkin butter. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your satisfaction. 


No comments:

Post a Comment