Thursday, July 14, 2011

Just Follow the Yellow Brick Road

Dorothy had it quite a bit easier than I did.  Well, maybe not.  She did have to deal with a witch who drugged her with poppies and sent flying-freakin-monkies after her.  I didn't have that.

I did have a GPS that wanted me to go through the back roads of Georgia.  Normally, that wouldn't have been much of a problem, but I didn't care to go a route I'd never driven before by myself, knowing I wouldn't arrive in Columbia until after nightfall.  Night driving is not my strongest suit.

Lucky for me, after an hour of not knowing where I really was and no cell service to boot, I came across a sign for Columbus, GA.  Hallelujah!  I was back on track.

And then I accidentally found my way onto Fort Benning.  Oops.  A very nice guard man told me how to get on the interstate I was trying to get myself onto in the first place, though, and all was well.

Then I made my way through Atlanta with no trouble.

And then there was trouble.  A huge daggum thunderstorm made me pull over to the side of I-20.  The rain poured, the lightning bolted, and the thunder, well, thundered.  And then it was clear enough for me to get on my merry little way.

This is what was waiting for me when I got to my sister's.
This is Buddy.  She also has a dog named Holly, but I don't have a good picture of her.  Yes, Buddy and Holly.  Buddy + Holly = Buddy Holly.  And it wasn't intentional.  Holly gives good hugs.

Buddy loves his Aunt Cwuf.  It's said like it's spelled.  Go on, try to say it.  Sounds like how a dog would say my (abbreviated) name, no?  Anyway, he lurves me because (don't tell anyone!) I let him on the bed occasionally for cuddle times.

Anyhow, I made my way to Georgetown today, where these were waiting for me.
Puddin (left) is mostly blind and deaf, so he gave me a little bark when I came in.  He loves me because I put him on my bed in the mornings.  I'm sensing a theme in my life.

Daisy (right) is very prim and only does things on her terms.

Needless to say, it's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment