Monday, November 28, 2011

A Thanksgiving Recap

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving weekend!  I also hope nobody got pepper sprayed by crazy people...!  What is with the world we live in that somebody would disable another person over a Christmas present?  Doesn't that kind of go against the spirit of Christmas?  Well we're not going to worry about that here.  This blog is a place of love and laughter.  Not pepper spray.  Unless I happen to spray pepper onto a dish that will make you supremely happy.

I know what made my T-giving weekend awesome.  A 34-13 win over our arch-rival, Clemson, gave us the Palmetto Bowl for the third year in a row.  To make it even better, I saw it in person.  Like my own eyes were gazing at the crowd of 80,000+ people and the glowing lights of the scoreboard.  Love love love it.


Check it.  This was our food table.  Starting on the left we have: turkey and gravy, pearl onions, dressing, butterbeans, squash casserole, ham, collards, pineapple souffle, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, and mac and cheese.
As mentioned previously, we had both fried and baked turkeys.  The fried is on the right, baked on the left.  I may have eaten my fair share of turkey skin.
I know I might step on someone's grandmother's toes, but this is definitely the best dressing and gravy.
Looking at it just makes me want to eat it all over again.
We also had fruit salad and cranberry jello salad.
Speaking of jello salad, here it is in its awesome cornucopia-shaped glory!
A simple table arrangement.  It's elegant and not at all fussy.  Of course, my family always has hot peppers on the table to put on butter beans and things of that nature.
Disclaimer:  This is not my plate.  It's my cousin, James's, and he didn't eat all of it.  He did make a valiant effort, though.  I suggested that next year we just get individual platters to fit all of the food.
Dessert was no less abundant.  In addition to the pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and pumpkin cheesecake I made, we had two apple pies and a sweet potato pie sent over by a family friend.  I was really pleased with how my pumpkin pie and cheesecake turned out.

All in all it was a great Thanksgiving with copious leftovers.  Everyone enjoyed themselves and ate until they couldn't eat anymore.  And then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment