Blueberry Poundcake (makes one 9x5 loaf cake)
2 c all-purpose flour
1 tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 c granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup almond milk (Regular milk may be substituted)
1 pint fresh blueberries, rinsed and picked over
Turbinado sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º. Butter and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese together until fully incorporated. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy and smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract. Alternate adding the flour mixture and almond milk, starting and ending with the flour. Mix only until just combined. Fold in the blueberries gently.
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the turbinado sugar over the top if using. Bake 50 minutes to an hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Run a knife around the edges and let it cool in the pan 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edges again before popping the cake out of the pan. Let it cool completely on a wire rack. Serve room temperature or warm with butter.