Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats (makes 12-16 bars, depending on size)
Adapted from The Kitchn
1 (10-10.5 oz) bag mini marshmallows*
4 tbs brown butter
1/4 c malted milk powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 c peanut butter
5 1/2 c crisp rice cereal
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, toss the marshmallows and brown butter. Get the marshmallows as coated in butter as possible.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute in 30-second intervals. Stir the marshmallows until smooth. Stir in the malted milk, cinnamon, and salt until lump-free.
- Add the peanut butter and microwave another 30 seconds. Stir until the peanut butter is completely incorporated. Add the cereal and stir to coat the cereal.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan. Using your hands (spray them with nonstick spray if they're sticking), press the mixture into the pan. Let cool and cut into desired size/number of bars.
*Note: I used Publix brand marshmallows, which come in a 10.5 oz bag. I think most other brands will come in a 10 oz bag. Either one is fine.