Saturday, February 4, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday 2012

Y'all, it's about that time again!  Super Bowl Sunday.  I must confess, I'm way more invested in college football than I am in the NFL.  Oh sure, I cheer for the odd team here and there.  I like the Saints because I really love New Orleans.  I like the Broncos because my grandparents used to live in Denver.  But none of that really translates into a diehard fan.  I still really like to watch football of course, plus I like the commercials just as much as anyone.  So I pick a team to cheer for for the night.  I also watch the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet.  Sooooo cute!

I remember the last Super Bowl where the Patriots played the Giants.  I cheered for the Giants because something really irks me about Tom Brady.  Probably his face.  I know everyone thinks he's sooo cute, but I just don't see it.  I mean, he's reasonably attractive (and he did land supermodel Gisele), but I can think of at least 10 other athletes I like better.  If David Beckham doesn't open his mouth and talk with his Mickey Mouse voice?  Game over.

So go Giants.  Hah.  If you're still deciding what to serve for the big game, let me make a few suggestions.
Fancy Taters- Make a big ol' batch depending on how many people you serve.
 Everyone goes crazy for Ham Rolls.  You might want to make extra, just in case!
When are Fried Chicken Tenders ever wrong?
Oh jeez, forgive me for this picture.  At any rate, no party is complete without some Pimento Cheese.  You can jazz it up with bacon and/or jalapeños.
Speaking of cheese, these Cheese Wafers like to fly off the table.
Oh my goodness, more cheese.  How do I survive? Feta Squares are lovely on their own or with chili.
For something sweet, try Chocolate Chip Cookies.  What's more American than a chocolate chip cookie?
Except maybe warm Apple Crisp.

No matter who you're cheering for tomorrow, have fun and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment