Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mother's Day Treats

Today was supposed to be about strawberry marshmallows and milkshakes. Then I changed my mind because it's my blog and my prerogative. Hah! You'll get them later, promise. Of course this might be my way of sneaking in more milkshakes. I wouldn't put it past me. Oh but guess what? Mother's Day is Sunday. You probably already knew that because you're ahead of the game. Are you having a brunch? Bringing Mama breakfast in bed? Making some awesome craft that I probably can't do because I'm not all that crafty? If you're like me, food is a primo way to go. Think about some of these gems for breakfast, brunch, or lunch!

My take on Eggs Benedict is a brunch heavy-hitter.


Ladies love these Caramelized onion, rosemary, & goat cheese scones. Top with a little honey for a sweet & savory treat.

Deviled Egg Salad makes a lovely appetizer or side dish for your lunch.

Heart-shaped Vanilla Shortbread Sandwich Cookies are a sweet way to show your love.

Serve this Glazed Orange Pull-Apart Bread with coffee. The cinnamon version is delicious too.

Vanilla poundcake cupcakes are my mom's favorite.

No one will pass up these little Brie Bites.

Citrus Poppy Seed Muffins and Spiced Blueberry Muffins won't stay on your table long.

Tender spring asparagus and creamy goat cheese bathed in brown butter will give you a pasta Mom won't soon forget.

Meyer Lemon Tea Bread is a pretty poundcake-esque dessert perfect for, you guessed it, a cup of tea.

I hope y'all have a wonderful Sunday, and I'd like to say Happy Mother's Day to all the first-time mommies I know, especially my sister! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment